Search This Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Power of Music

Okay, so in case any of you don't know, I come from a very musical family. Music and performing has been in my life ever since I can remember, although my acting career never went very far, I am still very much into singing. There's not much I love more than singing (ps check out my soundcloud) so watching other people perform and sing is so amazing to me.

Any way, I was so bummed out I didn't get to watch the Grammy's seeing as I'm in a different country, so I was living vicariously through everyones tweets about it. Today, I decided to watch some videos of the performances, obviously I had to watch Taylor Swift look like an idiot at the piano... like what are you doing girl? she needs to get it together.

The other video I saw a lot of tweets about was Imagine Dragons and Kendrick Lamar performing a mashup together. At first I thought it was kind of weird but it turned out to be a really dope mashup, it was a sick performance too.

My favorite one was obviously Jay-Z and Beyonce because let's be real, they are the epitome of a power couple. B is the queen and anyone who doesn't agree needs to reevaluate their lives. Every thing she does is perfect, she can do no wrong (I'm only slightly obsessed). Not to mention, seeing her and Jay-Z together just makes me so happy, they're such a beautiful couple oh my god I can't handle it.....moving on

This might be cliché but another one that stuck out to me was Macklemore and Ryan Lewis signing 'Same Love'.

I realize this song is slightly over played, but I still think it has such a powerful message, and the performance literally gave me goosebumps.

I get really emotional when I hear or see someone sing really well, so of course there were some tears shed.. I'm a very emotional person in general if you couldn't tell already.

I think it's so amazing to see an artist that still sends a strong and positive message throughout music. I love all types of music, but sometimes the beauty of the sound and the message gets lost in some strange lyrics or too much background music. Macklemore is the perfect example of an artist that balances all of that so well.

I think the video is well worth it for all y'all to watch, even if you don't like the song very much.
Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Grammys 2014

Much love muchachos,
oLiViA

No comments:

Post a Comment