Search This Blog

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Keep The Ball Rolling

Life is a strange thing
It's so unpredictable, and if you're anything like me, that is extremely frightening. 
Life throws mad curveballs, some of which might seem impossible to get past.
If I could put into words some of the most important things I have learned in my life thus far, it would look a little something like this: 

1. It goes on. I know this seems cliché and over stated, but it couldn't be more accurate. No matter what bullshit comes up in your life, it will go on, You will be okay. This was/still is hard for me to accept, but I'm hoping it can knock a little sense into someone else.

2. Everything happens for a reason. Another cliché saying, I know, but (along the lines of #1) it's true. The reason for things that happen might not be apparent right away, but somewhere throughout our beautiful lives, we will find out why things worked out the way they did.

3. In order to be happy, you need to learn to love yourself. This could not be more true, especially to my life. Relying on someone else for your own happiness is so easy and so dangerous. The truth is, you can't count on anyone but yourself, ever. If you make your own happiness depend on someone else, when that someone else eventually is gone, you're not going to know what to do. I unfortunately learned this the hard way, but it was such a valuable lesson to learn.

4. People will come and go from your life, screw the people who leave and learn to cherish the ones that stick around. It's hard to make everyone happy, especially if you find yourself with a large group of friends. It might seem impossible to please everyone, but it doesn't have to be like that people. If you have to exert all your energy into making your friends happy, then they probably don't need to be your friends. You know you have real friends when you will begin to find joy in making them happy, it will never be forced, and they will feel the same about you. Find these friends and keep them around.

5. Being independent isn't as scary as it seems. Haven't you ever heard that all powerful woman are strong and independent? (not sure if that's true but c'mon you've totally heard it). Do you see Beyoncé relying on Jay to make her happy or successful?- HELL NO- she is a strong independent woman and is probably one of the most talented women in the world. You don't need someone else to hold you up when you're feeling down. Learn to pick yourself up and you will become happier being on your own. Don't get me wrong, having someone there that supports you and helps you is great, but to get lost in that will only end badly.
"Love yourself girl or nobody will."

6. You can't control your destiny. As much as I (and I think a lot of people) would like to be able to control the outcome of our lives, it's just not possible. The greatest lesson I've learned this year is that you must accept what is going to happen and take it as it comes. You can't change anything, if it's going to happen, it will happen. None of us can predict the future and we especially cannot change it. If you're anything like me and like to be in control 120% of the time, then this is the HARDEST thing to accept. I hate not knowing what is going to happen and not being able to be prepared for anything that's going to be thrown at me, but that's life and I am starting to learn to not only accept it but also embrace it.

Cheers,
~Olivia~

No comments:

Post a Comment