Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2016

2016

I'm not very big on New Year's Resolutions. Personally, I try to strive to become a better person in general with every new year. I have goals in mind, but I like to look at the bigger picture more than just certain goals. With the beginning of the new year, I take a minute (as most people do) to reflect on the past year. Looking back on 2015, I've realized that I have very little to complain about.

A few years ago I remember being so incredibly ecstatic to retire 2013 and begin a new chapter in 2014. Although every year has its ups and downs, 2013 was hands down one of the hardest years of my life. I had endured changes I never thought I would have to go through, heart breaks I never imagined could hurt as badly as they did and a whole bundle of academic hardships I never saw coming. At the end of 2013, I knew that a new year would be the new start I needed, and I was right.

2014 was one of the greatest years of my life. I started my junior year of college and ended up embarking on the trip of a lifetime. Though both 2013 and 2014 were very memorable years for me, it was for very different reasons.

I thought that nothing could ever top 2014. That year literally changed my life and made me a much stronger, mature and confident person. Now looking back on 2015, I've realized that since the downfall that seemed to come with 2013, each passing year is just going to get better and better. Obviously there are going to be downfalls that come with every year, but I've learned to accept that and cherish the better parts of the year and take that with me into the new year.

Being a visual person, I've decided to outline some of my favorite parts of 2015 in pictures.

Shortly after the beginning of 2015, I embarked on a trip through my college to Madrid, Spain. After coming back from Ireland the year before, some may say I was bit by the travel bug. I was lucky enough to continue travelling and enriching my knowledge of other cultures. 

I was able to spend my senior year of college with some of my best friends since the beginning. 

Although incredibly bittersweet, I learned to appreciate my personal transformation with my college graduation approaching. 

I got the chance to truly appreciate the beauty of going to a school on the beach by soaking up the sun with my best friends.

I was able to watch my group of friends grow and change (ily squad).

While still staying close with my A1 Day 1's (ily Brindle 111).

I got to celebrate senior year by going way too hard during senior week with some of the people I was blessed to be brought together with in Ireland.

Although I spent most of the day crying, I was able to celebrate my college graduation with the three people that I (quite literally) wouldn't be here without.

I was reunited with a (very close) but old friend in a beautiful new place.

I turned 22 (and drank too much while celebrating).

I got my second tattoo that is very close to my heart (sry mom).

My best friends and I got to pretend to be in college for one last time (alumni weekend 4 the win).

My family and I moved into a beautiful new house that I am lucky to be in.


And last, but certainly not least, I was able to ring in 2016 with some of my very best friends.

Thank you 2015 for bringing me some of my greatest friends, fondest memories and new blessings. I can't wait to see what 2016 has in store. 

1 comment:

  1. beautifully written Olivia. Perhaps 2016 will bring you employment that will utilize your gift for writing.

    ReplyDelete