Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2016

5 Reasons Your College Friends Will be Your Friends for Life

If you know anything about me, it's no surprise to you that my friends are pretty much my life (aside from my family and also my cat). I pretty much don't do ANYTHING without consulting at least 3 of my friends (you know who you are). Unfortunately, things are different post-grad, friendships dissolve and change and sometimes just fizzle out completely. Lately, I have been finding myself appreciating my friends more and more (which I didn't even know was possible). I was terrified that after college everything would change between my friends and me, but I think I have only grown closer to most of them. Although I don't see them every single day like I did in school, I still rely on them and have learned to appreciate everything they do for me more and more with every passing day.

With that being said, I've decided to compile a list of 5 Reasons Your College Friends Will be Your Friends for Life.

1. They've seen you at your absolute worst- and more importantly, helped pick you up. Whether it's after 4 too many tequila shots (guilty) or during a mid-semester breakdown (also guilty), they're always there to see you through whatever life throws at you. Even though sometimes these people can be the cause of your drunken nights or emotional breakdowns, they always know how to pick you up and make everything better.

2. They've watched you grow and change- whether it was for the better or worse. College is a time when everyone grows (sometimes literally-holla @ the freshman 15) and changes. Luckily for me, it was for the better, but for some people college can shape you into a person you never thought you would be. Regardless of the outcome, your college friends will be by your side throughout the whole journey because you guys are in it together.

3. This one will speak to my friends especially, but I'm sure others can relate. They witness (and probably encourage) all your ridiculous mistakes- and still love you anyway. If you didn't wake up almost every Saturday shaking your head and refusing to acknowledge that the night before happened, did you even really college? As my friends can attest, I probably made (and honestly still make) the most mistakes out of anyone, but regardless they still love and accept me (and for some reason let me continue to make them ?????).

4. You have all been in the same vulnerable position- not only right when you start school, but probably multiple times within your four years there. Unlike in high school, everyone is in the same exact position when starting college. It's a level playing field (sports) where everyone is trying to find their way around campus and within their new friend groups. Your college friends won't (or shouldn't) judge you when you get locked out of your room in your towel for the first time, or find yourself awkwardly in the wrong classroom, because they have probably been there too.

5. They have shared (and probably helped create) some of your most treasured memories. If you're as lucky as I am, chances are you've been friends with most of these people since day one. College is where you spend the majority of your time for 4 whole years. This means also spending the majority of your time with the same people. From late night homework sessions to everyone's dreaded late night bathroom sessions over the toilet, you've spent these memorable (or not so memorable, #tequila) times with your college friends. These are memories you guys are most likely going to talk about (whether good or bad) for a long time coming, so make sure you're spending them with great people.

There are so many more reasons why your college friends are literally the best, but these are some of the biggest for me. So thank you friends for making me who I am today and always standing by me no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment